Little by little we added all the new products as they came out. People that didn’t buy 8 tracks could enhance their radio with a reverb and rear speakers.
- A list of memorable and game changing new products
- FM under dash 8 track combo
- AM/FM in dash 8 track combo
- Car Alarms
- Remote Starters
- Car Alarm Remote-start combo
- High-Fi radios and speakers ( higher power units w/ coax speakers
- Under dash powered equalizers with built in power amp.
- Cassette players
- In dash cassette am/fm radios
- Power amps, subwoofers and Cross-over’s
- Passive in dash equalizers W/cross-over’s
- VHS Vehicle Video Systems
- DVD Vehicle Video Systems
- Headrest Video Systems
- Overhead Video Systems
- Navigation DVD Vehicle Video Systems
- Vehicle Ignition Interlock Systems
- Full service vehicle, NYS inspections
We also developed a wholesale division for servicing area car dealers. We sold and installed sound equipment, cruise control, air conditioning, sunroofs, window tinting, and appearance products.
We were Rochester Telephone’s first cellular selling agent and installer for the Rochester market.
Next we expanded in communications and became a paging reseller with customer base in the thousands. Also we opened up two satellite stores selling communications products, cellular and paging equipment.
We are now being co-managed with my son Rick. Rick started working here in his teens before he could even drive. He has proven himself in the technical arena over and over again. Rick has for sure inherited my fussy gene and it turns out he is even more critical than I am which is hard to believe. We sometimes inherit other shop installs either by them no longer being there or the customer has just given up on them. We are amazed every time on the difference of the quality of some shops work compared to our work. Quality installation above all is what we build our success on and that alone has kept us going all this time.
Today’s Auto Sound Systems is very different only in the products we carry and install but you’ll find out immediately that we haven’t ever lost our way or original philosophy since 1971. We are still a locally owned and operated family run store. While other stores either go out of business or constantly change owners you can be assured with trusting us with your vehicle and that your purchase with us is as safe with us today as it was in 1971.